Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baked, and zucchinin' it!

Erynn has GOT to stop going to class. It's giving me too much time to do things and spend money on making food. Last night was no exception.

I was in a baking mood. So baked I did! I was also in a zucchini mood. So I had to figure out a way to combine the two and in more than one way.

Zucchini and onions. Can you go wrong with such a wining pair? How about something smoky, like bacon? Or smoked Gouda. Cheese it is!

And I needed to bake. What better configuration of zucchini and onions with smoked Gouda than on a panino? I need bread... I have flour, yeast, salt, water and an oven not to mention an insatiable thirst for baking. So yeast I did activate and dough I did make.

Left over zucchini and a lack of breakfast foods. Muffins. Zucchini muffins. That's a thing, right?
Thumbing through my baking book, I found a recipe for cheddar and herb muffins that could be adapted.

The resulting zucchini-centric evening and morning meals came out edible at least and pretty good at most. My bread was a little bland and the crust was a little dry. My muffins were a bit branny...

What I'm trying to say is that I'm a failure. A big, fat, stupid failure.

No, not really. But my point is that I still haven't reached my potential in the baking category.

I apologize for the diary style of this entry but work is slow and I thought it would be good to update.

1 comment:

  1. zucchini crostata were always my favorite yum! i once tried to make zucchini bread but damn are those suckers juicy. zucchini porridge anyone?

    ReplyDelete